Friday, September 7, 2012

One Lesson Learned, Two Dozen to Go?

How many of you have seen the movie Julie and Julia?  I need to add this to my list of favorite movies; for each time I see it, I enjoy it and catch something new.  I always get a kick out of the way Julie addresses the readers of her blog, so if I call you dear readers from time to time,  please indulge me and know that you are dear to me, and I cannot think of a more apt term to let you know I cherish you.
______________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________

Two illnesses that often walk hand-in-hand:  Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Courtesy of [Stuart Miles] / www.freedigitalphotos.net/  

 So, Dear Readers, I think I am finally learning  how to leave well enough alone.  Those of you who are learning to balance your lives, know exactly what I mean.  When you are extra fatigued and about to walk two steps back instead of one step forward in your health life, it is time to say, "NO!".  And I did mean to shout, because I have over-done too many times.  


When one has CFS it is a bit like walking a tightrope.  If you lean too far in one direction, you are going to fall off:  you might even find you are unable to train for a short time, because of an injury.  With CFS, the energy principle is in action.  A healthy person uses energy, rests, and gains energy;  however when one has CFS, it takes longer to replenish that energy than before one became ill.  And for the naysayers out there, who are quite likely saying, "Get real!  You don't look sick:  you just need to exercise more or you're lazy.";  I say, "Obviously, the only way you could possibly understand would be to walk in my shoes; and then, you would be devastated."  How I would like to be able to clean house in one day.  Or take a long hike.  It sure would be nice to hit the tennis courts.  And I would love to be able to visit my grandchildren anytime I can pick up and go, but I have to store my energy like squirrel stores nuts for the winter.  If I am not careful, I will end up with weeks or months that taking a shower feels like running a 5k.

Now, that I have that out of the way, I will get to the point.  Sometime very early this morning, I was contemplating improving/decorating my blog, but my previous experiences came back to me.  When I start messing around with the templates, I have to change font size, etcetera.;  and I end up spending a ridiculous amount of time and energy messing with my blog design.  It seems like one change leads to another.  I heard the voice of reason in my head, "Remember what happened last time.  Don't mess with it.  Leave well enough alone. "  It was about 3 in the morning, and I felt like my eyelids weighed 5 pounds.  My body ached all over.  I needed to relax, but I was so wound up from all the work I had done in the house, that was not about to happen.  I have noticed that my coordination is affected when I am that tired, and my brain is in a fog, and I my actions don't always match up with what I mean to do.  It's complicated.

I did not write this to complain.  I just want you to know you are not alone;  and I want the world to know that people with chronic or invisible illnesses do not have these illnesses because they are malingerers or hypochondriacs.  These are real illnesses.

And finally, I would like to hear from you.  There are many invisible illnesses, that are chronic, and change one's life forever.  If you hate posting comments on blogs, I will soon have a Facebook Page up and running.  God bless you and give you peace.

Deborah

P.S.  I will try to get the FB group up tonight.

         And for those of you who might be wondering, I am going to get back to the flybaby series
         of blogs.  I will catch you up on what I have been doing to get out of my moving mess, and I 
         still want to get all those daily routines down.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah