Monday, October 1, 2012

The Process: Freeing Myself

One of the bad things about not having to get up and go to work is the temptation to goof off.  Ooh!  Did I actually admit to that?  Yep!  Today, I did get dressed in regular clothes after much contemplation on the subject.  I even had a list of things I did, but I have sat at the computer too long.  I just finished playing a rousing game of bursting bubbles, which I am sure must be good for the brain -- so many angles to shoot, as well as choosing colors.
 
As far as Day 3 goes in The Challenge, I already told you I wasn't going to be reading the suggested link, so all I had to do was repeat shining the sink and dressing to the shoes.  And since I have been making myself a To-Do list, I have some things checked off on that.   Also every month, Flylady has a monthly habit to work on for a few minutes every day, at least it will be a few minutes for me while I go through more paper clutter.  This is something I have been working on, off and on since last June or July.  You may ask, "How much can you have?".   A lot, when you have been married as long as I have.  I finally asked my husband if I could throw away some of the stuff he has boxed for years.  He was happy with that, and he is eager to get rid of the clutter too.  Word of Caution:  if you are freeing yourself of paper clutter, read FlyLady's List on what to do with it.  You don't want to throw away important papers.  Also, remember to work for only the amount of minutes you can work.  That may be anywhere from 1 minute to 15 minutes, depending on your health on any given day.   I found that starting gradually increased my strength.  Also, I am not losing as much this flare-up, because I have made an effort to do something physical each day.

How will cleaning up the clutter affect my illness?  I will feel freed, and I will be able to put my energies elsewhere.  I hope you are able to do the same.  And if you have no clutter, congratulations.  I wish I could say that.

The principle here is basically the same as my earlier recommendation:  build on the strength you have.  Start with baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah