Friday, November 30, 2012

Yummy Easy Coconut Cake & Other Ideas

Wednesday night, I was browsing Pinterest, and I came upon a picture that said, "Eat me!"  OK, so a picture cannot say that.  But have you ever seen a recipe that looked so good and so easy, you knew you had to fix it?  That's what happened to me.  I wanted to put a picture of it on my blog, but I haven't cooked it yet, and I do not have permission to use the picture on my blog.

By now, I suppose you are wondering what this wonderful recipe is, and why I don't fix it and take a picture.  The reason is that it probably has more carbohydrates than I should eat in a week, and I plan to make it for a party.  It is definitely group food, not food for a twosome.  Now, for the name -- it is called 
Bloomin'  Gooey Cheese Bread.  You use a round loaf to get the look, which is reminiscent of Bloomin' Onions -- another decadent treat.  You have to cut into the bread deep enough to let the seasonings get in, using a criss-cross cut.  It has wonderful herbs, butter, spring onion, and mozzarella cheese on it.  And there are variations on the recipe:  they all sound yummy!  Most of the time, I can live without bread, but I think this would be a hit;  moreover, I described it to my husband, and he thinks so too.  

If you use Pinterest, I have some other recipes on my board that sound good for the holidays.  If you look at my Recipe board and my Christmas board, you should see them.  Just click at the top of the blog to go directly to my Pinterest board.  If you are not a member of Pinterest, it will take you to the home page.  

Easy Coconut Cake  (Good make ahead recipe)
Here is an easy cake to make.  It is moist and gooey around the edges, which makes it my favorite Coconut Cake.  
Ingredients
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 Can of Cream of Coconut (It is in the section of the grocery store that has wine and mixers.  It has a lot of   
                                                sugar in it.)
Frozen Imitation Whipped Cream (defrosted) or Make your own Whipped Cream with real cream
Sweetened Flaked Coconut

Mix yellow cake mix according to directions and pour into a 9 X 13 rectangular pan or glass dish.
Bake according to cake mix instructions.
While warm, poke holes all over baked cake.  Leave it in the dish you cooked it in.
Evenly pour Cream of Coconut over the cake.
Let the cake cool.
Spread whip cream over cake, then sprinkle flaked coconut on top of the cake.
Keep in the refrigerator.  
I like this cake better on the second and third day.

Merry Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah