Friday, December 20, 2013

A Muse on Pajamas and Finishing Up Housecleaning for Christmas

Image Courtesy of [photostock]/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Whether your favorite mode of dressing around the house is pajamas or nightgowns, I think it would be safe to say most of us are fans of lounge-wear.  However, I have been musing on whether that is the most appropriate wear when we really want to get things done around the house.  Be assured, I am not going to fuss about people wearing pajamas to do housework.  If I did that, I would be giving myself a D in the appropriate costume for cleaning my house.

Are you wondering what brought this on?  It was the news on television. I was listening to two women commentators talk about wearing pajamas -- big news--right?   The anchor said she would be wearing them there if she could, and all of a sudden, I realized that I would not want to wear pajamas all the time.

Today, I had on my pj's until 2:00 PM.  I did not feel like cleaning, and I needed a boost.  What was my boost?  Getting dressed was just the thing to get me going.  I feel more in control of my household and my energy level.
I know it sounds merely psychological.  But, there is nothing wrong with a psychological boost when you need it.  

All I need now are some bright lights and some Christmas music;  and, I am ready to go.  Deck the halls with boughs of holly.  FA, la, la, la, la, la, la...





P.S.  Merry Christmas.  I thought your kids and grandkids might enjoy these songs too.  I did.  

I almost forgot to tell you, I look forward to putting on my pajamas tonight after a warm shower.  That is one of the ultimate comforts -- warm, soft pajamas on a cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah