Wednesday, March 5, 2014

When You Get It Out, Put It Away




When you get an item out, it deserves to be put away:  and, I'm not talking only to you, but to me.  This is probably one of my worst habits.  Why?  

I don't know.  It just is.

However, I do know that life would be simpler 
if I would remember to do this one thing.  
When you get it out, put it away.

Have you ever thought of what a self-defeating cycle it is to clean up the clutter, and let the pile grow over again in a few weeks or a couple of months? It's not that you don't know how to clean:  you make it harder by not putting things away immediately.  What could have been an easy task becomes harder by letting the pile grow.

Talk to that child inside of you:  the one that never completely assimilated the message that one's toys, books, and blocks need to be put back on the shelf or in the toy basket.  Please, don't be insulted:  I know you are an adult, who is in pain and is fatigued.  However, I have learned it sometimes helps if I act as mother towards my inner child.  The mother I am talking about is a kind, patient, and fun mama, who can even make a game of picking up. Use that timer.  You will probably beat it.





     Image Courtesy of [Salvatore Vuono] /  FreeDigitalPhotos.net  


As you pick up, time yourself for 5 to 15 minutes, 

according to your physical ability.  If you are putting an object away 

that you brought into a room,  it will probably take less time than that.


You can do this.  


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                                                                            
Philippians 4: 13  NKJV



                                                         Praying you will be strengthened,

                                                                                                               Deborah 


P.S.  I'm still tweaking the blogs.  It might take another week or so.  I have played perfectionist to the hilt on this, and I am crying, "Halt!".  I have housework to do.

1 comment:

  1. It is good that you are trying to do things little by little and making the chores easy and funny for you as much as you can. Anyway, God is working in you and through you.
    have a nice day my sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah