Saturday, October 11, 2014

Need an Office, but You Still Want Your Dining Room?

I have been trying to figure out how to make my dining room into a proper office for my work for ages.  I have moved the table around, managed to pile it high with junk, because I always end up moving to my recliner to paint and plan, or to use my laptop.  I have cleared it, so I could sew and cut out patterns on it:  I even brought my sewing machine in there.  I really do not like that! So I am going to move the table again (not shown in this post).  Also, I am going to use it for my desk. because I need someplace new to work.  I continually pile up stuff beside my recliner, and I do not like it!

 My side board was the one area I desired to have to use for laying paper when I am printing out things or organizing materials I want to use, but I was afraid to have it look anything other than a sideboard.  If I did it would get piled like my dining room table.  Guess what!  I have given up on that idea.

The sewing machine is out of there.  I don't know where it will end up, but I do not sew much anymore.

Wow!  Cluttered Sideboard and I don't like it anymore.
Seeing this made me realize I need to move the small picture.



The sideboard is becoming more useful for me.  I am changing some of the things I store in it.  And, I have rearranged the top.  I put the picture (butterflies and words below), which was something I won in one of my friend's giveaways, on a wall in another room.  You can find her on the Gifted Genie on Facebook.  I now have useful items like a stapler and a pencil sharpener on the sideboard.  I also have some of my inspiration / information books under my lamp.





Note the stapler in front of the planter basket.   The dark color of the basket and the flowers above tend to draw one's eyes away from the stapler.  In the next picture, I am going to show you how I hid the pencil sharpener.  I still have it plugged in.




It is hard to show the difference in pictures, but when I walk in the room, the stapler becomes part of the background.  It did not do that in front of the books.  Also, I like having my Art Books here.  It reminds me what I miss when I am not creating.





The important thing here is I enjoy reading and thinking about being creative.  It does not really matter what a Designer thinks is right about where I should put things in My room.  It is important what I think.  And, I enjoy most things that are considered art.  Also, I need to organize, because I have a new business (not art), and I have felt very disorganized in my home lately.  I am enabling myself to be more organized in my business and my hobby, so I can be organized in my life.  That takes making a new area to work, to organize the tools I need, and to go to when I need to be away from the television.  If I really want to work in a lounge chair when I am on the internet, I can go to my guest room.

Anyway, I am making progress in my "home office."  I will update you later.

Note to self:  Buy a new index card file and dividers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah