Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Leave Well Enough Alone

Do you see what happens when I get over-tired?
Sometimes, I write bad poetry.  When you
over-do, does it affect your attitude?


“Leave well enough alone.”  That ‘s a phrase with which I have some difficulty.  I just don’t know when to leave things alone.  I don’t know when to stop changing them  and  perfecting them.  That’s why, today, I mucked about changing the templates  on my blog;  then, I changed it back to the original.   I suppose I could count it as a learning experience , because I changed templates, fonts, and I learned how to tile my own pictures as a background;  however, I ended up getting overtired and frustrated.  And, I wasn’t sure anyone would like the tiled picture of an orange butterfly on a zinnia over, and over, and over again.  And DH said the other was easier to read.  I agreed. 

The Fibromyalgia and the CFS/ME have kicked in again, and I have so much more to do.  I’m expecting company.  I should have been spending more time cleaning house.  But no, I had to play with my blog, because I’m obsessed – Nah, well maybe, a little obsessive.  Because I am a perfectionist—Ahh—now, I’m, getting somewhere.  Of course, I ended up with a huge case of brain fog.  

 It’s crazy.  I can write;  however, at this moment,  I cannot focus enough to read anything lengthy or even slightly technical.   Therefore, I am afraid this blog post may sound like the demented ramblings of  a muddled mad-woman.  I’m actually writing this blog post with  the inside of my head feeling as if it might burst.  I don’t really have a headache:  it feels more like a brain ache.  Either my brain is bursting, or there is a band tightening around it.

The sensible thing would be to go to bed right now;  but tonight, I will probably lie there waiting for the sandman to do his job:  and those random thoughts about all I did today and what I need to do tomorrow will intrude.  It never ceases to amaze me how my totally fatigued body fights sleep.  IT’S NOT RIGHT, but it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah