Wednesday, October 10, 2012

No Guilt Flare-up



Feeling the Pressure
D. Bolton

Have you ever read a book, watched TV, surfed the internet, or just sat feeling horrible;  instead, of reading your Bible, praying or listening to Christian music?  Have you ever wondered if God would show you a verse to make you stop feeling guilty for being sick?  Well, I have and I know better;  but sometimes, I think I will never stop having relapses and then I worry about those people who don't understand, even though, I know the scriptures that tell me not to worry.  


You and I cannot do a thing about what other people think.  We really don't know what they think if they do not tell us.  And to make a guess about what they are thinking is pure supposition.  Here are some of the things I am physically experiencing now:  trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, and awful dreams.  And of course, I am having pain and balance problems.  Right now, my tinnitus seems more pronounced, and I am exhausted.  My body felt like it had nervous system buzz going though it all day.  Right now, I am finding it a difficult to type, but as a last resort, I took some medicine to help me relax.  Feeling my nerves throughout my body is so uncomfortable:   I  would categorize it as painful.  And of course, I am feeling the fibromyalgia pain, as well as experiencing debilitating fatigue.  

Therefore, I have lost another day towards completing my 31 day challenge.  But that is not going to ruin the work towards reaching my goal.  When I am able I will continue FlyLady's 31 Beginner Babysteps.  

That is what pacing yourself is about.  You have to be gentle with yourself, and listen to your body.  Sometimes, your body will shout to you to rest all day.  Other times, you will be able to pace activities throughout the day.  Rest is not failure.  Rest is necessary.  Be gentle and let yourself heal as best you can.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debby, I know you from spoonies who fly. Your blog is wonderfully inspiring! Think I may try Fly Ladys 31 steps again myself. I too, am in the middle of a bad flare but think I could handle this. I always have guilt over not getting things done :( Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. It's lovely hearing from you. I'm so happy you find my blog inspiring.

      Delete

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah