Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Blues - A Sneaky Little Feeling

Sometimes, I begin to get this sneaky little feeling that I am beginning to get depressed.  I can function, but there is this little niggling feeling in my chest and my head that something is off center.  Since, I don't have anything about which to be depressed, where does this uncomfortable fluttering come from?  I really don't know.  I can only guess.

Could it be the change in the weather?  Or is it the undone things around the house?  Is there some sort of hormonal change going on in my body?  Have you pinpointed things in your life that give you just a hint of the blues, kind of an off-kilter feeling?  Do you end up getting depressed?  Or does it pass?

When I was in my late twenties and thirties, I would go running if I started to feel blue.  Or I would eat some chocolate, or both.  I think today I am going to continue on with my new flybaby routine, that I am working on developing:  it's already imperfect, but I'm not going to stop.  I have put my sticky notes up, and soon I am going to flutter in my kitchen.  After, I get supper started, I am going to get rid of some paper clutter, for at least fifteen minutes.  I might eat some chocolate too.

What I am really looking forward to is working on my control journal page, but Flylady says to take babysteps gradually, and I have always jumped ahead on that one, with poor results.  If I get this habit down in babysteps maybe it will stick better.  We'll see.

Finally, I want you to know I am thinking about you.  I hope you were feeling well enough to work on your habit today.  If you weren't, just jump in and do it tomorrow.   You will still be working towards your goal, which is the plan.  You don't have to do it perfectly.  I have found this approach works much better, than putting pressure on myself to improve overnight.  And don't forget to congratulate yourself for each step you do to work towards your new good habit.

2 comments:

  1. hi Deborah. i know exactly how that feels. I have days that I feel "not quite right". I can't pin point it, but I know its there. That's when i generally put on my headphones and listen to music. Whether its classical, or something much louder, it seems to give me internal focus. Its almost like the music creates a filter between my senses and the outside world. It's by far the best medicine for me.

    Thinking of you. B

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah