Sunday, January 27, 2013

Looping -- My Groundhog Day?

Do you remember the movie Groundhog Day?  Have you ever felt as if you were caught in an inescapable loop?  That's the sense I had last night.  I am caught in a loop of what I can only figure is seasonable depression.  Perhaps, I have a touch of SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder.  All I know, is even though I thought I would escaped the January blahs this year, I did not.  I don't want to go anywhere, my sleep patterns are disrupted, and I am unmotivated to do much of anything.  The reason it feels like Groundhog Day is that I have to figure out how to get out of the loop again.

I know if I wait it out, the bad feelings will go away;  however, it gets old always having it come back.  I have to exert twice as much will to get out of this -- at least that is how it seems.  With prayer and faith, God will give me strength to get into a better routine.  And I will begin feeling better.  FlyLady says if your routines are established you can keep on going. This week I have been happy for each small thing I do a day.    

One of my favorite facebook fibromyalgia-groups stays very positive.  Am I being negative to admit my ups and downs?  I certainly do not want to bring you down or make you feel less positive.  Unfortunately, depression often comes in the Fibromyalgia package.  If you are encouraged that you are not alone, I have done my job.  I will start taking my babysteps again.  I am sure I will be able to get back to feeling better with each small step of moving forward in my life. I have hope.  Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah