Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Surprised by Post-Exertional Malaise


 

It's strange that I am still surprised by post-exertional malaise at times.  As I lay in bed about 12:30 P.M. -- Yes, that's right--I sleep that late, and it is not unusual.   However, it wasn't always that way.  As I lay there, I could feel the light-headedness as I started to sit up, so I lay there and talked to the dog a few minutes more.  I told myself I could do this:  I could get up.

I made it all the way to the bathroom, my kitchen for a glass of water, and my recliner.  Now, I am sitting here, thinking I need to do a few quiet, easy jobs, or I will feel like my day has slid by.  I know what is wrong, but I really thought I did not do too much yesterday.  

However, I often pay for the day before;  but I think it is worth it, because I can see my house looking more like a pleasant home.  And I want that for myself and my husband.  I may be sick, but I am still a Proverbs 31 woman.  And it is good for me mentally and emotionally when I can accomplish some physical work.  Also, it keeps my muscles working for those of you that think the only way to exercise is in a gym.  

Be assured, I am not putting down gyms.  I have done and enjoyed that too.  But nowadays, that would be a waste of money for me, unless it is to pay for the use of a heated pool.  Unfortunately, there isn't one close enough for me.

Surprised by Post-exertional Malaise -- yes, still surprised, still disappointed when it happens, but I have accepted the reality of my illness, which beats denying it.  So I have peace and I wait it out -- again.  I think I will see if I can round up some of my marbles to get a load of laundry in and think about supper.


Proverbs 31: 26-31, King James Version (public domain)
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah