Monday, March 31, 2014

Always Baby Steps!




It's not often that I publish a second blog post in the same day; 
 however, I want to emphasize the message I posted earlier, 
 in which I wrote about the frustration I felt over the repetitive cycle and lack of energy associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, ME and Fibromyalgia. 
 People with other diseases also suffer with similar cyclical or repetitive symptoms;  
moreover, many of us have overlapping symptoms from other medical conditions.

Was it Kermit the Frog that said, "It is not easy being green." ? 
 Well, it's not easy having a chronic illness either.
  Sometime, you may have an acquaintance, a family member,
 or even a stranger say something that feels crushing to you.
  Many people do not understand we are not malingering; 
 or, 
that it is tough gathering energy to do almost anything.  

The last couple of blogs have come out of my own battle of the cycles; 
 and, it was not until this weekend that I felt I had made another breakthrough. 
 What I want you to understand is it is not a terrible weakness of character
 or a weakness of mind that causes you or your loved one to go 
through these periods of low motivation.
  I truly believe it is caused by illness and lack of energy.
If it were not for having made baby steps my maxim,
 I would find it just about impossible
 to get anything done in my life.

It's not easy, but somehow many of us keep learning to walk, even when we have fallen and had to crawl for a while.  Baby steps.  Baby steps.  Baby steps.  
Yes, they do work, over and over and over again... 

I am going to go and work on my baby steps.
Have a good day, and a blessed week!

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah