Monday, December 1, 2014

When You Feel Rushed


    Image Courtesy of jesadaphorn/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Feeling rushed?  Does your body get tingly and you know you need to slow down, but your mind says, "Keep going.  You have so much to do."  Well, your brain is not saying that when you feel like your body is getting rushed.  Only your thoughts are saying I have so much to do.  Your subconscious is saying it is time to slow down. Your brain knows you are trying to do too much at once, so listen to what your body is telling you.


  • But, I have to go to that sale.  Why?  There are going to be more.
  • I have to hurry and make this meal, so I can get back to work.  Slow down and enjoy making the meal.  Don't let your brain feel fuzzy from rushing.
  • I don't have time to eat lunch:  I have to ... I should...  You need to have nourishment for strength and enjoy your food, so you don't want to graze all afternoon.
  • I have to wash four loads of laundry today.  No you don't.  Do the two most important, and do one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.
  • I have to mop my floor, or my kids will pick up more germs than going outside.  Really?
  • I have to decorate the whole house today.  No you don't.  Smell the roses and do a little at a time.
Why am I writing this?  Because I am guilty of the should's and the have-to's.  I want to get many things done, but I have limited time.  We all work with time limits and with energy limits.  If we exceed our speed limit, then, we begin to get in trouble -- even when we are healthy, BUT especially if we have a chronic illness.
Image Courtesy of stockimages/FreeDigitalPhotos.net



But I am taking supplements.  I feel so much better.  Does that make me or you Superman or Superwoman?  No. 

When we get where we are going, we will get there.  We do not have to prove anything to the world or to our families.


Image Courtesy of Feelart/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Please enjoy this beautiful Christmas season.  God bless you and Breathe...........










No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah