Sunday, August 16, 2015

Wow! I Already Did That.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to again start using the missions on Flylady.net and to hook up with her page on Facebook.  I had to drop everything last week and go out of town for a devastating family emergency, but now that I am home again, I want to get back to flying.  Today, it became a huge reality in my life that I am seeing the results of having worked steadily for the last few years to take back my household.

When I was younger, it was much easier to care for my household;  however, cleaning house became very difficult when I became chronically ill.  I have been rebuilding those habits with the idea that I was going to have a reasonably clean house, not a perfect one.  Imagine the thrill I felt when I discovered that the most of the jobs in Flylady's Zone Cleaning for this coming week are already done. I have been making these things a regular habit.  I will actually have time left to work on some other areas in the house that are calling for my attention.

Also, it was nice coming home to a shiny, clean kitchen sink and spotless kitchen counters on Saturday.  My bathrooms were clean and the floors were mopped.  My bed was made.  The fact I had to drop my housecleaning for several days did not matter, nor did I have to run around like a madwoman trying to get it done before I left.  Of course, I could not do that anyway, because it was one of those times one has to pack as quickly as possible and go.

Someone brought us a cake this afternoon, and my porch was clean!  I was still in my pajamas, but that was because I was still tired when I woke up.  However, when our friend brought the cake by our house, I was actually on my way to the shower.  I had decided to get dressed, even though it took me longer to get going today.  If we have more visitors this week, my living room is clean enough to invite someone in without feeling embarrassed.

Knowing all these things actually helps to lift a burden off your back.  I know it is hard, but don't give up.  Someday, you are going to be so happy that you worked at this little by little and formed better habits.  Maybe you are trying to get back habits you used to have or simply improve on what you already do.  Whatever your reason for working on getting rid of the clutter, it is wonderful to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I am looking forward to my Monday jobs.  I have already been putting away the things in my suitcases, and I hope to finish tomorrow.  It doesn't seem like a burden, but I look forward to knowing the job will be done.  I may even finish before I go to bed tonight.

This is what I want for you too:  to find that balance,  to learn to clean according to your ability, and to stretch those wings of yours a little at a time.  Don't compare yourself to other people:  just do what you can.   Remember, you can do it in baby steps.

P.S.  Even my dressing table was neat and clean.  How cool is that?


1 comment:

  1. I am SO sorry to know that you had a family emergency, and I trust the Lord that all is resolved and ended well for all involved. This post was very inspiring. So thankful you have reached your goals and are staying on track. :)

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah